JENNIFER DE ANGELO BAXTER
This class is for either beginner or intermediate students. For beginners, the instructor will teach how to use materials, understand value, mix colors, and create compositions using still life. For intermediates, the instructor will begin with still life and then progress into a piece or pieces that emphasize the students’ preference and personal creativity.
- Disposable Palette Pad
- 9” x 12” Canvas Pad
- 1, 16” x 20” stretched canvas
- Palette Knife
- Refined Linseed Oil
- Medium container ( http://www.dickblick.com/products/aluminum-palette-cups/)
- Turpenoid Natural
- A glass jar for Turpenoid (http://www.dickblick.com/products/silicoil-brush-cleaning-tank/)
- The Master’s Brush Cleaner
- Supply Box of your choice (new from an art store, or old tool box)
- Brushes: Please purchase brushes that are designated for oil painting. A good rule of thumb for beginners is to start with 2 small (1/4 inch wide or smaller), 2 medium (1/2 inch wide), and 2 large brushes (1 inch wide). Many people also like to have 1 fan brush. I prefer sables because they’re softer, but you will develop your own preference as you begin working with the paints.
*Table top easels will be provided for all students, however please feel free to bring a floor easel if you prefer.
Included links for some items so that you could get a visual for what the item looks like. Most items can be found at your local art store, but are often less expensive online. Here are a couple of good websites:
Classes begin Thursday April 10, 2014. Class starts at 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm, to run consecutively for 6 weeks. The cost is $199 per person. Parking is available in the parking garage http://www.leesburgva.gov/index.aspx?page=846
To register click on the link below.
Please call the gallery to put your name on a waiting list for future class announcements. 703-779-4639
Classes with insufficient enrollment prior to the first class date will be cancelled. If a class is cancelled, students are entitled to a full refund, or students may transfer to another class during the same session, space permitting. Refunds will be issued within 2-3 weeks of cancellation.
*All classes are non refundable